Christian values are incorporated into the program through stories, songs and lessons during Chapel time led by the Pastor of RUMC twice a month, during daily interactions and through special celebrations during Christmas and Easter.
- Children are introduced to basic shapes, colors and math concepts with the aid of manipulatives, games, songs, books and other small group activities. Children practice counting, sorting, and making patterns.
- Basic Science concepts are introduced and investigated through nature walks and sensory activities.
- Engaging in dramatic play, music and movement activities and participating in art activities creates opportunities for children to be creative.
- Holidays and celebrations help strengthen children’s awareness of various
topics and the world around them.
Our Two Year Old Program provides a multitude of experiences in the form of engaging and exciting small group and large group activities throughout the day to support each child’s growth and development in all areas.
Social Emotional Development
- For many children, the Twos Class may be their first experience away from a parent/caregiver. Therefore, teachers focus on helping children feel safe and comfortable to make their transition to preschool as smooth as possible.
- Preparing to go outside, hand washing, helping clean up after an activity and meal times creates opportunities for children to develop independence and self-help skills, and grow in confidence.
- A consistent daily routine helps children learn what to expect next in their day. Throughout the day, teachers encourage children to follow directions and listen to others.
- Teachers help children learn to identify and express their emotions, and support them in recognizing and responding to the feelings of others appropriately.
- Playing in small groups with peers give children the opportunity to develop new friendships, take turns, and learn to be a part of a group.
Fine Motor and Gross Motor Development
- The regular use of drawing and painting tools (crayons, markers, paint brushes), using scissors and small manipulatives (lacing beads, puzzles) help children strengthen their fine motor skills.
- Daily opportunities for outdoor play and indoor movement activities help children strengthen their large motor skills. Activities include skipping, running, climbing and balancing in our outdoor playground area and riding bikes, and playing with balls in our indoor play space.
Language and Early Literacy Development
- Teachers create a language rich environment to support children’s language development. The use of songs, finger plays, rhymes and stories throughout the day helps children develop their vocabulary. Teachers encourage and support children in expressing their thoughts and needs.
- Circle Time provide children the opportunity to express their ideas and participate in simple group conversations.
- Children are introduced to letters through songs, stories, games and other small group activities and begin to recognize their names in the classroom environment.
112 W. Montgomery Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850
The Classroom Environment
- Spacious classroom and naturally lit classroom
- Child-sized furniture and easily accessible sink and bathroom to encourage independent self-care
- 1:5 teacher-to-child ratio for individualized learning experiences and potty training assistance
- Daily maximum group size: 10
- CPR and First Aid-certified staff
- Professional cleaning daily
Tuesday/Thursday, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, Monday to Friday
Copyright 2021. New Day Preschool | Rockville Preschool | Age 2 - Pre-K. All rights reserved.